There are some experiences that are common among patients who have dental implants in Coalville.
Practitioners, like Ingrams Dental Practice, will be able to let each patient know which of the following will apply to them and if there are any special circumstances that they need to consider when they have dental implants in Coalville.
- Dental implants in Coalville are comfortable to fit. This is because the procedure takes place under local anaesthetic;
- Preparatory work is quite common. If someone has had deterioration in the jawbone, for example, they may still be able to have dental implants after getting a bone graft to correct the issue;
- Most people need fewer implants that they think. This is because one dental implant can support more than one new tooth. Sometimes a whole arch can be fitted on a few implants. It is also possible to replace just one tooth with one dental implant without affecting the surrounding teeth;
- When dental implants are healing, they can be a little sore at first. This is normal. Some patients also experience swelling, bruising or a little bleeding. All of this is covered by the dentist before someone leaves the clinic after fitting. Patients can take painkillers to alleviate the sensations, if they need to;
- Dental implants are easy to care for. Once they are fitted, dental implants are cared for just like regular teeth. This means a diligent hygiene routine and regular check-ups with the dentist;
- Dental implants feel like regular teeth once they have healed. Patients are able to chew, eat and speak normally;
- Dental implants look like regular teeth once they have healed. They are designed to blend in with the surrounding teeth and they won’t slip or move about during use;
- Often, the jawbone is healthier after dental implants are fitted. This is because the tissue is stimulated by being used again which, in turn, increases the blood supply to the area, preventing deterioration;
- The face can look better after dental implants. This is because tooth loss and jawbone deterioration often cause the face to look sunken;
- Many people experience renewed confidence with dental implants. This is because they have a happy, healthy smile again!